Thursday, September 13, 2007

Get Over It!

As you will come to find out I am a huge University of Michigan Football fan. I have no affiliation to the school except that I was born in Michigan and I have followed Michigan Football close to 25 years because my Dad brain washed me. Also those helmets are absolutely beautiful. Anyways, at the moment the team is going through some bad times. First 4 game losing streak since 1967 and during this streak a loss to a 1AA school. Things that I am not use to. But during this streak, I am doing better than expected. But what really gets me is fans of The Ohio State University (tOSU). Up until a few years ago, I always rooted for tOSU whenever they played against someone other than Michigan. Why would I do this? Because I would rather play and have a chance to ruin an undefeated season for tOSU. I always felt better about a win against a really good team instead of a mediocre team. But when it comes to tOSU, not anymore. I have, for a few years now, openly rooted against tOSU and will continue to do so.
I have a close friend that lives in Ohio. And of course, I have been given shit, by him, over the current status of the team. He was giving me a hard time about how Michigan's RB, Mike Hart, is losing his stock for the NFL Draft and how Michigan RB's usually don't do so well in the NFL by( sarcastically) saying "like all those other great Michigan RB's in the NFL". Then proceeds to name off RB's that even I have forgotten about that played for Michigan. Now I couldn't even tell you who tOSU's RB for this year is let alone from 10 or 15 years ago. It just amazes me how much they follow Michigan Football. On The M Zone site, http://michiganzone.blogspot.com/, there are more responses from tOSU fans than Michigan fans sometimes. Can't they just be happy with there own team and look forward to "The Game" at the end of each season? Apparently not.
So Michigan lost to Appalachian State, a former 1-AA school, currently a back to back National Champion for FCS ( Football Championship Subdivision ). They are calling the greatest upset in college football history. Its actually a very good story, something they usually make Hollywood movies about. Its been two weeks since the defeat and yes it still is very humbling. Congratulations. The better team won. Now it's time to move on.
P.S. To all tOSU fans..... GET OVER IT! And I hope the Washington Huskies rack up 50 on you bastards this weekend!!!

1 comment:

RUIZ JR said...

GO BLUE JUST NOT THIS YEAR